Jump to navigation
How to Apply
- Apply in writing or through electronic means in English or Hindi or in the official language of the area, to the PIO, specifying the particulars of the information sought for.
- Reason for seeking information are not required to be given;
- Pay fees as may be prescribed (if not belonging to the below poverty line category).
- In case application sent by post, Demand Draft or Banker Cheque of Rs.10/- on account of application fee may be accompanied drawn in favor of Pay & Accounts Officer, Dept. of IPP (creditable in DDO A/C No. 225427) at State Bank of India, Nirman Bhawan Bhawan, New Delhi
Time limit to get the information
- 30 days from the date of application.
- 48 hours for information concerning the life and liberty of a person.
- 5 days shall be added to the above response time, in case the application for information is given to Assistant Public Information Officer.
- If the interests of a third party are involved then time limit will be 40 days (maximum period + time given to the party to made representation).
- Failure to provide information within the specified period is deemed refusal
- Application fees to be prescribed which must be reasonable.
- If further fees are required, then the same must be intimated in writing with calculation details of how the figure was arrived at
- Applicant can seek review of the decision on fees charged by the PIO by applying to the appropriate Appellate Authority;
- No fees will be charged from people living below the poverty line.
- Applicant must be provided information free of cost if the PIO fails to comply with the prescribed time limit
Grounds of rejection
- If it is covered by exemption from disclosure. (S.8)
- If it is infringes copyright of any person other than the State. (S.9)
- 1st appeal to the appellant authority with in the Department with in 30 days.
- 2nd appeal to Central Information Commission/State Information Commission as the case may be, with in 90 days.